Monday, August 9, 2010

What's the point?

I spend a lot of time in the kitchen. I like to cook for my family and friends. There's nothing as satisfying for me as sharing a meal together with people. Good food begets good conversation and good times -- and I'm all for that.

Ergo, this blog. I read a lot of cookbooks and food blogs and am willing to try new recipes. I fail as often as I succeed and I make notes and personal commentary about them to try and avoid the icks and highlight the yums. I've found scribles that say things like "Honey ate a LOT of these" or "Icktastic" in my cookbooks and now I'm sharing my family's quirky tastes with the fake universe known as the world wide web.

The point is not to criticize people's tastes and/or preparations. That being said, I have strong ideas about what tastes good (think more Ad Hoc, less French Laundry), so when something is a total fail, requires a tweak or there's something so astonishingly good and totally in season for eats right now, must share!

Stay tuned, and happy eating.

No comments:

Post a Comment